Jamia Admission 2019 will be commenced from the month of February 2019. JMI (Jamia Millia Islamia) was established in the year of 1920 at Aligarh. This university offers courses in the field of education, humanities & language, law, engineering & technology, social sciences, etc. Students have to qualify the entrance tests organized by JMI to get admission in various courses (as applicable). Admission in engineering courses will be done through JEE Main & BDS admission will be done through NEET scores. Through this article, students can check details of Jamia Admission 2019 including application, eligibility criteria, important dates, pattern, syllabus, etc.
Jamia Admission Date 2019
JMI Admission schedule for the year 2019 has not been released yet. For reference purpose, here we are providing tentative dates of Jamia Admission 2019:
|Release of admission forms||1st week of February 2019|
|Last date to submit the admission form||2nd week of March 2019|
|Application editing window||2nd to 3rd week of March 2019|
|Admit card release||2nd week of April 2019|
|Exam date||May 2019|
|Result declare||June 2019|
|Last date to submit qualifying degree||3rd week of September 2019|
|Admission closed||Last week of September 2019|
Jamia Admission Form 2019
Students must read the information bulletin before applying for admission. Here we have provided details about JMI application form 2019:
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through online mode.
- There is no printed application form available for admission.
- Application process comprises of two parts, i.e. registration and entrance application submission.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Photograph should be in passport size in JPG/JPEG format with white background.
- Signature should also be in JPG/JPEG format with maximum 100 KB size.
- After the submission of application, candidates will receive an Email containing the Unique Registration Number and Password for further use.
- No correction facility will be provided after the last date.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application to the university.
- Fee payment can be made using debit/credit card & net banking.
- If the fees received successfully at JMI’s end it will be non-refundable.
- Below we have mentioned the application fee of various courses:
|Faculty/Centre Offering the Course||Application Fee|
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Dentistry, Centre for Management Studies, Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (Except B.Arch.), Faculty of Engineering & Technology (Except B.Tech.) & Faculty of Law||Rs. 700/-|
|All other Faculties/Centres and B.Tech./B.Arch||Rs. 500/-|
Students must check their eligibility for the respective course they are applying. Eligibility will be different for various courses. Here we have mentioned the basic eligibility to apply for UG and PG courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have qualified 10+2 examination for UG courses and to apply for PG courses, students must hold a UG degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum Marks: There will be minimum marks criteria application for various courses. It will be different for different courses.
- Appearing Candidates: Students whose results of the qualifying exam have not been declared can also apply. Such candidates have to submit the required certificates by September 2019.
JMI 2019 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Students can check here the exam pattern of the entrance exam organized by JMI:
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain objective/multiple choice questions.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions in all the programs (except M.Phil. & Ph.D)
- JMI Syllabus: The syllabus will vary as per the courses. It will contain the relevant topics of the courses candidates applying for.
- Exam Centres: The examination will be conducted in various cities like Calicut, Lucknow, Delhi, Patna, Guwahati, Srinagar and Kolkata.
JMI Preparation Tips
- Before preparing for exam, students must prepare a suitable time table and prepare accordingly.
- Gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare from the previous year question papers and sample paper to know more about the exam pattern.
- Do meditation and yoga, it will help you to keep your mind calm.
JMI Admit Card 2019
The admit card will be released before one or two weeks from the exam date. The university will also send a SMS to the registered mobile number regarding availability of Jamia admit card 2019.
After printing the admit card, candidates are required to paste their self attested passport size photograph on the notified space. Only those candidates who possess a valid JMI Admit Card shall be allowed to take the Entrance Test.
Candidates must take at least two print copies of their admit card generated online. Candidates have to submit one admit card to the invigilators at the exam centre.
JMI Result 2019
JMI Result 2019 will be provided to students within a month after the examination. The University shall prepare merit list of qualified candidates in various programs.
There will be no provision for rechecking or re-evaluation of the answer sheets. No intimation regarding declaration of the result will be sent to candidates by post.
JMI Counselling 2019
On the basis of entrance test, students will be shortlisted for the further interview/admission rounds. Candidates obtaining less than 30% marks in the descriptive part of the exam (if applicable) will not be shortlisted for interview/admission.
JMI Counselling 2019 will be started after the declaration of result. During the counselling process, candidates have to bring their document along with originals for verification. Original certificates will be returned to candidates.
After verifications, students have to fill the “Student Registration Form”. It can be obtained from the concerned Dean’s Office/Department/Centre.
Candidates have to fill their choices of courses they are seeking for admission. Admission will be done on the basis of filled choices, merit and availability of seats.
For any other queries about Jamia Admission 2019, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the comment box.
- Why do students have less interest in doing Engineering nowadays? - July 3, 2019
- What to do after B.Tech | Various other Career options after Engineering - May 24, 2019
- Should I stop being a nice guy? - May 6, 2019