Welcome to my guide on how to start coding for beginners! This guide has been prepared to give a beginner who wants to know how to start coding and become a professional (or skilled hobbyist) coder the best possible start. By the end of it, you should be more than ready for your first job as a web developer.
Before I begin teaching you how to start coding, it’s first useful to discuss why you would want to learn web development. There are lots of good reasons why you should learn how to code. Here are a few of them:
- Coding is a skill that is in high demand in the technology industry
- Jobs as a coder can allow you to work wherever you want. All you need is a computer and the internet!
- Coding is a necessary skill to be involved in one of the most cutting-edge job fields currently available
- Many of the most exciting opportunities in emerging industries today are in the cryptocurrency and AI space. Coding is crucial for both.
- Coding is both challenging and worthwhile. You’ll be amazed at what you’re able to create after just a small time spent learning to code.
- The skills you learn will be relevant in the future. The tech industry is only going to grow!
- Jobs that use a specialist skill like coding are often very well paid.
- You don’t need a degree to learn how to code. You can get started without any college/university debt!
Coding for Beginners – Starting Out
Before we learn how to start coding, it’s first important to offer a small warning. In the beginning, coding is going to be tough – you are essentially learning a new language to communicate ideas in! There is no easy way to learn how to code for beginners. If you’re completely new to this sort of stuff, it will be nothing like anything you have done previously. Stick with it though. The longer you hang in there, the more likely you are to have a “eureka” moment and it will all start making sense. Above all, coding is about problem solving. It’s not so much about memorising all these functions that different lines of code create (although that’s incredibly useful). You can look those functions up if you forget how to do something specific! Your skills as a problem solver, which are the most important skills regarding coding, will develop with the more time you spend training them.
- All About Jamia Protest 2019 - December 24, 2019
- Why do students have less interest in doing Engineering nowadays? - July 3, 2019
- What to do after B.Tech | Various other Career options after Engineering - May 24, 2019